PGH recently caught up with Britney Huinker, owner and founder of the Argyle Salon & Spa in LA to talk managing big hair this summer season. After opening the salon in 2005, Britney soon went to work on creating Brazilian Blowout’s retail hair care line, specially formulated to promote frizz-free, healthy hair. Read more below!
1. What is your number one tip for managing frizz in the summer?
Get a Brazilian Blowout!
2. Do you have a favorite product or product line for big, thick hair?
Brazilian Blowout has the best products for big, thick hair as each product is specifically formulated to target frizz and tame the mane. These products allow the hair to keep all vital moisture for increased strength and radiant shine. All Brazilian Blowout products are enriched with their exclusive Brazilian Blowout Super-Nutrient Complex, which infuses the hair with a rich source of amino acids to help strengthen while locking in moisture and locking out humidity.
3. What are your tips for keeping hair healthy this summer?
Wash less often and condition, condition, condition. Use a deep conditioning masque once weekly (try to sleep with the masque on your hair).
4. Any particular trend customers at Argyle Salon are requesting lately?
Shorter hair – women are finally cutting their long locks for shorter sexier styles. We are seeing a lot of long bobs this summer!
5. Which celebs have you styled? Any favorites?
At the Argyle we have styled many celebs such as – Ashley Greene, Audrina Patridge, Adriana Lima, and more.