As promised, I have decided to chronicle my laser hair removal adventure here on PGH. My first treatment is done and now I am ready to share what I learned…
1. Is laser hair removal painful?
Yes, at times. My legs didn’t hurt. But the Brazilian was painful at certain spots.
2. What does it feel like?
The laser feels like a pinch that stings. I’ve never had a tattoo, but I can imagine the feeling is similar.
3. How long did the first session take?
The full Brazilian and bottom half of my legs took just under one hour.
4. Did you use anything to numb the area?
Yes, I used a numbing cream for my Brazilian.
5. Did you break out in a rash?
I was a little red after the treatment. Later on though, I went out for my girlfriend’s birthday and when I looked down my legs were covered in red splotches. The next morning they were fine.
6. Are you silky smooth right after the treatment?
No way! The stumble stays. It actually takes about 10 days for the hair to fall out.
7. How long do you have to wait in between sessions?
I was told at least 6 weeks and no later than 10.
8. After the Brazilian treatment, can you have sex?
Yes, but you should be on top to prevent rubbing.
9. How should I prepare for laser hair removal?
Shave 24-48 hours ahead of time. Make sure you have enough stubble. Don’t tan a week prior or a week after your treatment.
10. What happens if I tan too early?
Your skin can change pigment and maybe never return to your natural color.