How is it December already!? Somebody please tell me where this year has gone!
As the weather gets colder and dryer (everywhere else besides Miami!), you need to make sure your locks stay healthy. Here are some tips to make sure your hair stays lovely even in cold temps!
1. Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! We can’t say this enough. Use a hydrating conditioner if you wash your hair daily (which we don’t suggest) and a deep conditioner at least once a week.
2. Which brings us to our next tip – don’t wash your hair everyday. Harsh shampoo strips your natural oils leaving your hair dry and brittle. For better second day hair, leave your hair loose while sleeping and refresh your strands in the morning with a curl refreshing spray. For straight hair, use a drop or two of a silicone-based serum to tame frizz.
3. Avoid alcohol-based products. For a great everyday hairspray, try Aveda Air Control. It’s my fav!
4. Watch your hat. While hats are great in the winter for covering up a bad hair day, they can also cause limpy, greasy locks. Just plan accordingly.
5. Easy on the up-dos. We know you’ll be going to a lot of holiday parties, just take it easy on your hair. Bobby pins and tight elastics can cause major breakage. A glitzy hair piece may be a better option, like this L. Erickson. Leaf barrette. It is loaded with glistening crystals like frozen dew drops on a wintry day!